Pregnancy Massage at Massage @ Migym in Nelson
Carrying a baby for nine months can exert a huge amount of strain and tension upon the body, let alone wreak havoc upon the emotions. Massage Therapy can be a highly effective treatment option to help support you throughout your pregnancy and labour, as well as helping you cope with the joys (and stresses) of Motherhood.
- Reduces pain, tension and muscular imbalances associated with carrying a child
- Enhances the health of Mother and Baby by beneficially affecting all the major systems of the body and increasing circulation of nutrients
- Induces a state of deep relaxation to aid with the stresses and strains of pregnancy and Motherhood
- Helps to reduce swelling associated with Pregnancy by increasing the circulation to move the lymphatic fluid build up
- Decreases the stress hormone Cortisol in the body, known to cross over the placenta to baby in utero
- Increases the love hormone Oxytocin in the body, needed for a healthy and quick labour
- Helps to improve broken sleep patterns and alleviate depression associated with pregnancy and the post-natal period
- Encourages deep breathing, stress relief and cultivates the mind-body connection, helpful during labour
Pregnancy Massage is $40 for half hour, $70 for 1 hour.
Pregnancy Massage at Massage @ Migym in Nelson is offered by: